If you are looking to apply for an Independent or Family Sponsored Points Tested visa or a Temporary Graduate (subclass 485) or Graduate Work Stream visa from 1 July 2016, your occupation will need to be listed on the current Skilled Occupation List (SOL), which is reviewed by the Australian Government each year.
The recently announced 2016-17 Skilled Occupation List provides insights into migration opportunities for those with the skills and experiences of the listed occupations. In order to determine whether your skills and experience match the requirements for the listed occupations, the Australian Government may require you to undertake a skills assessment.
Main additions to this year’s list include:
- Orthotist or Prosthetist (ANZSCO 251912)
- Audiologist (ANZSCO 252711).
Occupations being removed from the Skilled Occupation List are:
- Mining Engineer (Excluding Petroleum) (ANZSCO 233611)
- Petroleum Engineer (ANZSCO 233612)
- Metallurgist (ANZSCO 234912)
- Environmental Health Officer (ANZSCO 251311)
- Occupational Health and Safety Adviser (ANZSCO 251312)
- Dental Hygienist (ANZSCO 411211)
- Dental Prosthetist (ANZSCO 411212)
- Dental Technician (ANZSCO 411213)
- Dental Therapist (ANZSCO 411214).
The 2016-17 Skilled Occupations List will come into effect on 1 July 2016. Click here to view the full list. If you have lodged a valid visa application before 1 July 2016, your application will not be affected by these changes. Occupations on the Consolidated Skilled Occupations List have also not been affected.
For information on how we can assist you with the skills assessment process, email us at [email protected] or for a free assessment of your eligibility for an Australian work visa or business sponsorship, please send us an enquiry via our online form.