The Government has introduced Australia Travel Declarations to better manage contact tracing and quarantine plans. All international travellers should complete an Australia Travel Declaration at least 72 hours before departing for Australia.
- Australian Citizens and Permanent Residents
- People who are automatically exempt from the travel restrictions
- People who have been granted a travel exemption
The declarations collect each traveller’s:
- Contact details in Australia
- Flight details
- Quarantine requirements
- Health status
Here’s what businesses and individual travellers should know about Australia Travel Declarations.
Australia Travel Declarations
Making an Australia Travel Declaration
1. Create an account and submit a declaration. The Government has authorised SITA to collect Australia Travel Declarations on their behalf.
2. Receive a confirmation email and present it before boarding and on arrival into Australia.
Travellers should note:
- Each declaration is valid for one flight and for one traveller only – if traveling with family or in a group, each traveller should make individual declarations.
- Transits through Australia will require an Australia Travel Declaration.
- Care should be taken as an Australia Travel Declaration cannot be updated once submitted.
- There is no cost to make an Australia Travel Declaration.
- If you do not complete the declaration, you may not be able to board your flight or you may experience delays on arrival.
- Travellers must identify if they have visited any COVID-19 outbreak locations in New Zealand – check the New Zealand Ministry of Health website for locations of concern.
Interstaff | Migration to Australia in the COVID-19 Era
We hope these updates are helpful. You may also be interested in our other Australian immigration articles:
Part 1: Federal Budget Insights: The Future of Australia’s Migration Program
Part 2: Critical Work and Compassionate Travel | Migration in the COVID-19 Era
Part 3: Sponsoring Highly Skilled Migrants | The Global Talent Program
Other Insights | COVID-19 Vaccination and International Travel
If you have any queries about your visa circumstances or options, we encourage you to get in touch with Interstaff’s Registered Migration Agents.