As more countries, including Australia, begin to impose new Coronavirus Travel Ban restrictions, here’s how the limitations currently impact travel to Australia.
Coronavirus Travel Ban Updates
- Australia’s Coronavirus Travel Ban currently impacts travel to Australia for travellers from Mainland China, Iran, South Korea and Italy. Read our update here.
- From midnight 15 March 2020, all arrivals into Australia must self-isolate for 14 days, with heavy penalties for non-compliance;
- International cruise ships are now banned from arriving at Australian ports for the next 30 days;
- Special arrangements are in place for airline and maritime crew staff travel to Australia.
Onshore Visa Holders
- Temporary Onshore Visa Holders that cannot travel to their home country before their current visa expires must apply for a further visa, such as a Visitor Visa, to remain in the country.
- Onshore Visa Holders with a ‘No Further Stay’ condition can arrange for a waiver of the condition.
Offshore Visa Holders
- Offshore Visa Holders that are required to enter Australia by a specified date may request an extension to the entry date for travel to Australia.
- Bridging Visa B Holders Offshore that are unable to return before their expiry date may apply for a Visitor Visa. Once onshore, they can apply for a Bridging
Australian Citizens, Permanent Visa Holders and Family
- Australian citizens and Permanent Residents and immediate family (spouses, minor dependants or legal guardians only) who hold a Permanent Visa can continue to enter Australia, but must self-isolate for 14 days;
- Partners and immediate families of Australian Citizens and Permanent Residents who hold a Temporary Visa are being managed by the Department on a case-by-case basis. Applicants must complete an Australian Immigration Enquiry Form before travel to Australia.
Get in touch
For further details, please read our previous update here. To discuss how Australia’s Coronavirus Travel Ban impacts your visa arrangements, simply contact Interstaff’s Registered Migration Agents on 1800 449 858 (or +61 8 9221 3388) or firstname.lastname@example.org