WA Day! We’re very lucky in Western Australia to have a public holiday dedicated to everything that makes our state a great place to live, work and explore. This Monday 3 June is WA Day and there will be plenty of family activities on – both in Perth and right across WA. Celebrations will carry through the WA Day long weekend and it’s an event not to be missed!
The WA Day 2019 Festival is set to be bigger than ever this year and has moved to a new riverside location. If you currently live in WA, or if you are here on a holiday, here are some of the fun things you can do this WA Day long weekend. Many of the activities are also free, so why not join in!
WA Day long weekend 2019
On Sunday 2 June from 10am to 10pm and Monday 3 June from 10am to 9pm, Burswood Park will come alive with an array of entertainment.
- Fireworks at 7.15pm on Sunday 2 June
- A ‘play’ zone for kids – with an arts and craft section, animal farm, sausage sizzle and short films
- An ‘active’ zone full of sporting activities – meet the Perth Wildcats basketball team and the Perth Scorchers cricket team, watch water-ski demos, or play a game of tennis or Australian football
- A ‘fun’ zone where kids can go on rides and play bubble soccer
- An ‘arts meets science’ zone in celebration of WA’s innovative arts, culture and technology scene
- Food trucks with Perth’s biggest and best range of international food
The aim of WA Day is to unite people from all walks of life, ethnicities and culture. It is a celebration of all things that have made Western Australia an incredible and unique place and a day to acknowledge WA’s history, its diverse cultures and the contributions made by people who call Western Australia their home. Over the WA Day long weekend, there will also be activities hosted at Fremantle, Albany, Bunbury, Pinjarra, Kalgoorlie, Geraldton, Newman, Onslow and Port Hedland.
From all of us at Interstaff, we hope you have an amazing WA Day Long Weekend!
Visitor Visas, Family Visas and Skilled Visas Australia
Interstaff assist with all visa types to explore or migrate to Australia. If you would like to visit or stay in Australia, find out your eligibility for various visa options by contacting our team of Registered Migration Agents. Simply contact 08 9221 3388 or firstname.lastname@example.org